AIM are excited to announce the 2018 edition of their annual Women in Music evening. Taking place at City Hall in London on 17th January 2018, Women in Music will celebrate the successes and examine the challenges of women in the music industry, including a keynote interview with former Spice Girl, Melanie C. In association with INgrooves and supported by the Mayor of London, the tenth annual AIM Women in Music event is set to be a sell-out success, with a stellar line-up of speakers already confirmed.
Women In Music 2018 will give women (and men, who are actively encouraged to attend) the opportunity to network with key industry figures and to hear from some of the music industry’s most influential women. The night will feature an exclusive keynote interview with solo artist and former Spice Girl Melanie C, who will speak candidly about her career in music and current success as an independent artist.
There will then be two panel discussions, before the event concludes with networking drinks, allowing attendees to meet the speakers and grow their networks. The first panel is entitled ‘Women in the Studio’ and will see a selection of Producers, Engineers, Mixers and Songwriters discuss the rarity of women in studio roles and how they have built their careers in a notoriously male-dominated sector. The second panel, entitled ‘Female Entrepreneurship in Music’ will see a selection of female music business founders discuss how and why they established their own company and how they’ve achieved success.
Speakers at the event include:
- Melanie C (artist)
- Steph Marziano (Producer & Engineer, Denai Moore, Mumford & Sons & others)
- Amy Lamé (London Night Czar)
- Paulette Long OBE (Director, Westbury Music)
- Dr Mariana Lopez (Lecturer in Sound Production & Post Production, University of York)
- Abi Leland (Founder, Leland Music)
- Isabel Gracefield Grundy (Engineer, Emeli Sande, Tom Odell & others)
- K-Minor (producer, artist)
- Marta Salogni (Mixer, Bjork, Sampha & others)
- Kate Tavini (Mastering Engineer & host of Red Bull’s #NormalNotNovelty engineering workshop)
More speakers to be announced in the coming weeks.
AIM actively encourages men to attend this event. Gender equality in the music industry is good for everyone and requires the participation and support of both sexes.
TICKETS: AIM members: £33 (inc VAT)
Non-members: £55.50 (inc VAT)
Date: 17th January 2018
Time: 5.30pm -10pm
Venue: London’s Living Room, City Hall, The Queen’s Walk, London, SE1 2AA