Here is a comparison of tribunal cases for the three months of October to December 2017, compared to the same period in 2016. The huge rises are because of the lifting of fees in July 2017.
- Received between October and December compared to the same quarter in 2016/17 increased by 90%
- There has also been a 16% quarter-on-quarter increase in single claims – in Q2 2017/18, 7,042 claims were received whereas 8,173 claims were received in Q3 2017/18
- Cases are increasing – there has been a 27% quarter-on-quarter increase in 2017/18
- The highest number of cases was just after the lifting of fees in August 2017, which was 3,226
- An average of 2,907 cases were received by employment tribunals in October, November and December
Need some help with managing employment tribunals? Could you benefit from some practical expert advice to help protect your business from a potential claim, or assistance with managing an on-going situation?
MIA members benefit from FREE advice from Croner. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01403 800500 for the exclusive Business Support Helpline scheme number.