The MIA’s Business Support Helpline Croner are the business owners’ choice for HR and Health & Safety support. They are offering free webinars that are hosted by some of the most knowledgeable professionals in their respective fields and free downloadable resources for you to use…
Hosted by some of the most knowledgeable professionals in their respective fields, Croner’s Webinar & E-Learning sessions cover HR and health & safety basics, right through to specialised sessions including relevant legislation and key case law.
Take a look at this list of Webinars that they’re throughout November.
They are completely free for MIA members. You’ll need a scheme/client number when registering. If you don’t have this already, please email email@example.com.
The Apprenticeship Levy
- What is the Apprenticeship Levy?
- Why do we have the Apprenticeship Levy?
- How to make the Apprenticeship Levy work for you
Wed 7 November: 10:00 – 11:00 or Thu 8 November: 10:00 – 11:00.
Great Britain vs Northern Ireland Training
- Unfair dismissal/process for dismissal
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Flexible working
- TUPE & redundancy
- Whistleblowing/Public Interest Disclosures Act 1998
- Settlement agreements, tribunal fees & other provisions
Wed 14 November: 10:00 – 11:00 or Thursday 15 November: 10:00 – 11:00
Contracts of Employment – The Basics
- What is meant by a ‘Contract of Employment’?
- The legalities of a ‘Contract of Employment’
- The ‘terms’ of an employment contract
- How different types of contract require different terms
Wed 21 October: 10:00 – 11:00 or Thursday 22 October: 10:00 – 11;00
- Understand the employer’s duty of care to lone workers;
- What are some of the issues involved when assessing lone working?
Fri 30 November: 10:00 – 11:00
Free downloads and resources
Croner also have free downloads and resources available on their website, including sample contracts and policies, as well as top tips and settlement & forecast reports.
Click here for health and safety statements, an apprenticeship guide and more