Music for All are delighted to be teaming up with Jamie Cullum, one of the world’s most exciting, charismatic and energetic musicians! We are embarking on a unique project, showcasing the latest connective technology. We’re offering a one-off opportunity for amateur musicians to BE Jamie’s band for a day on June 25th, with an amazing technology twist…
We’d love for retailers, suppliers, publishers and all our industry partners to be a part of this initiative. This is an opportunity for you to align with a cool national project, plus, if one of your musicians is selected, we’ll be sure to give you a shout-out.
So, please share this message with your customer database, or with any talented musicians that you work with!
Here’s Jamie explaining all, with details below:
Jamie Cullum is without doubt, one of the world’s most exciting, charismatic and energetic musicians , always pushing boundaries. No surprise then that he’s at the forefront of a unique project showcasing the latest connective technology. He’s teamed up with UK charity ‘Music For All’ to offer a one-off opportunity for amateur musicians to BE his band for a day on June 25th, with an amazing technology twist.
He’s now calling for 5 amateur musicians (drums, keys, guitar and two singers), of any age, to participate in this pioneering project, destined to be remembered as a landmark moment in music making, and he wants YOU to be part of it.
Jamie needs a drummer, keyboard player, bass player and two vocalists.
If you feel you’ve got what it takes to mix it up with one of the world’s most critically acclaimed artists we want to hear from you now.
June 25th 2019; You’ll rehearse with Jamie then play live with him, performing music from his eagerly awaited new album, and be part of a unique moment in the latest new technology innovation. Here’s the technology twist: while Jamie will be in a major Central London venue, his new band will be in Bristol AND Birmingham all remotely connected via 5G in a world-first in new technology, a truly life-changing Music Lesson with Jamie.
All you need to do is send us a YouTube link to a Jazz or Pop style clip of you performing a piece of music that best demonstrates your talent, with a bio and a few words telling us why you want to be part of this once in a lifetime opportunity to get noticed by the industry’s decision makers. But don’t delay, the closing date for entries is 26th May.
You’ll be in great company too. The event is led by Music for All, supported by King’s College London, EE, Yamaha, the City of London Corporation, the University of Bristol and We The Curious.
If you’re selected to be in the band, we’ll send you the music in advance together with Jamie’s personal tips and requirements for the Gig, and help you all along the way.
How to apply:
We are looking for:
- A drummer
- A bass player (double bass or electric)
- Keyboard player (jazz organ e.g. Hammond)
- Two singers
You must be an amateur musician, with a desire to learn and bring your playing to the next level. Enthusiasm and performance energy are more important than raw technique.
- Create a video of you playing your instrument, in a jazz style and in a pop style.
- Upload the video to YouTube. (The video does not need to be public). Copy the link.
Email email@example.com with all of the following information, by midnight on Sunday 26th May:
1. Your name, address, telephone number and email.
2. Link to your perfomance video.
3. Question for Jamie: What would you like to ask Jamie about how to develop your playing to the next level?
4. Why do you think more people should be making music? (in 20 words or less)
5. A brief overview of your playing experience.
6. A statement that you are an amateur musician and will abide by the rules below.
Before you enter, be sure to read the rules below.
1. All entries must be via videos uploaded to YouTube and submitted to the email address above, and including all the information listed. No other emails or points of contact will be accepted.
2. Entries must be received by 23.59 (BST) on Sunday 26th May 2019.
3. Applicants may be of any age, but those under 18 must accompany their application with a statement from their parent/guardian that they support their application.
4. You need to be okay with us sharing your performance which will be filmed, photographed and live streamed.
5. You need to be available to travel to Bristol, Birmingham or London on 25th June for the event and must cover all your own travel and accommodation costs for the event.
6. You must commit to preparing and rehearsing for the event.
7. The judges’ decision is final.