We are now working towards the re-opening of music retail in the UK. As well as the general hygiene of the store, retailers face the extra responsibility of ensuring that the instruments on sale are clean and safe for consumers…
We are pleased to bring you a series of videos from manufacturers and distributors which show retailers how to clean the products that they provide. This well help support the shop staff and ensure the safety of customers.
This week, we have a video demonstration from Warwick Music Group. This video is for UK Music Retailers and focuses on cleaning and caring for your pInstruments as part of your re-opening preparations. It features Key Account Manager Jonty Hines.
If you are able to provide a video of yourself or a member of the team giving a demonstration, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder: Later on today at 14:00, the MIA will bring you a live, question time style discussion with a panel of relevant experts. This virtual event will support retailers in the practical and logistical planning for re-opening their businesses to the public. There is still time to sign up, you can register here
Some useful Musical Instrument Hygiene links:
- NAMM’s COVID-19 and Instrument Cleaning
- The Piano Technicians Guild Suggestions for Safely Disinfecting Pianos
- She Shreds Magazine’s How to Disinfect Musical Instruments
- Volwein’s Music: Instrument Hygiene for Musicians
- Connolly Music’s Cleaning Your Brass Instruments
- CDC Cleaning Surfaces Guidelines
- Infection Control: Keeping Your Music Instruments Clean and Safe
- National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians’s Instrument Cleanliness
- Amro Music’s Video Series on Sanitising Instruments: Wind Instruments, Stringed
Instruments, Clarinet, Trumpet, Trombone, Flute, Saxophone, French Horn.