Today, we’d like to tell you about a free virtual event taking place this week, which features panel discussions around accessibility by leading music tech industry professionals, retailers & educators. We’d like to encourage you to join an afternoon of discussion with a broad panel of speakers about accessibility development within our sector.
Normalising The Conversation: The Road To Accessible Music Tech has been organised by Jason Dasent, who is a blind music producer and accessibility consultant from Trinidad, currently working for Digit Music.
For the culmination of his MA studies at BIMM London, Jason has brought together key players from leading music equipment manufacturers, retailers and educators from around the world, for this pioneering conference, a first of its kind.
The MIA are proud to be taking part in this important discussion. MIA Board Member Sarah Yule will be representing us. In her day job, Sarah is the Sales & Marketing Director at Audio-Technica.
Discussion points at the event will include: Business Opportunities Surrounding Accessibility / Best Practices for Retailers in Accessibility / Inclusivity in Education / The Value of Built-In Accessibility in Hardware & Software.
The event is taking place this Friday, 8th Jan at 15:00-17:00 – you can book your free place here.
Here are some more details:
– 2 x 40-minute panel discussions featuring veterans and new entrants to accessibility
– 1 x 20-minute workshop showing a fully-accessible recording studio
Closed captions will be available during the event.
A recording of the live conversation, including subtitles, will be available for registered attendees to access on-demand afterwards.
- Daniel Clarke – Senior Product Designer, Focusrite Novation
- Mark Gordon – Senior Software Engineer, Antares
- Pierre Pfister – Software Developer/ Project Manager, Arturia
- Steven Wilkinson – Associate Dean for Digital Learning – BIMM London
- Sarah Yule – Sales & Marketing Director –Audio-Technica / Board Director –Music Industries Association (MIA)
- Moderator -Jason Dasent – (MA Candidate) Accessibilty Consultant/ Software Developer –Digit Audio Technologies
- Timothy Adnitt – Product Director|Music Production, Native Instruments
- Ed Gray – Director Partnering Programs|& Accessibility, Avid
- Evangelos Himonides -Professor of Technology, Education & Music, University College London
- Mary-Alice Stack – CEO, Creative United
- Tim Yates – Program Leader| Research & Development, Drake Music
- Moderator – Tony Nwachukwu – Director, Create Define Release
Join this free online event for an afternoon of discussion with a broad panel of speakers, all experts in their fields, about accessibility development within the sector.
Register here: www.eventbrite.co.uk/normalising-the-conversation-tickets