This week Gretsch guitars and guitarist, songwriter, and producer Nigel Hendroff released the G6134TFM-NH Nigel Hendroff Signature Penguin. Hendroff is known for playing flashy Gretsch Penguins throughout his career and for this signature guitar, the brand leveraged the same vibrant aesthetic while building a foundation tailored for the traveling musician. It’s a guitar with understated elegance that players won’t be afraid to take on the road.
Hendroff was extremely involved in the design, opting for a model that felt old, comfortable and easy, like a worn glove. The result was simplified controls, a semi-gloss neck, and Broad’Tron pickups that produce a larger sound with more punch and power.
The Penguin’s single-cutaway chambered mahogany body with flame maple top captures the harmonic richness and resonance of the top and body for a livelier, more articulate tone. Designed by the famed Tim Shaw, the highly versatile BT65 Broad’Tron pickups meticulously capture the guitar’s sonic palette and reproduce the perfect mixture of wall-shaking power and full-spectrum fidelity.
Key Specifications Include:
- Satin-back neck
- Single-cut chambered mahogany body with flame maple top
- Semi-gloss mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard
- Broad’TronTM BT-65 pickups
- String-thru Bigsby® B7CP vibrato tailpiece
- Grover® ImperialTM locking tuners and strap locks
- Tortoise body binding and pickguard
- Available in Amber Flame or Dark Cherry Metallic Flame with nickel hardware
- Amber Flame has a tortoise logo inlay on the headstock, while Dark Cherry Metallic Flame features a chrome log
To learn more and view product descriptions, click here.