An exciting opportunity to work in a renowned acoustic piano department at the heart of Manchester.
Forsyth has a national reputation as a high quality piano specialist. We stock a wide range of pianos both new and second hand representing the best value available in different price ranges. We are looking for a salesperson, who can play the piano, to join the expert team. The successful candidate will be joining a leading sales team, working in a fast- paced environment selling with integrity a wide range of pianos from world class concert grands to pre-owned upright pianos. Prior knowledge of pianos and sales of high value items would be an advantage. You will be joining a team with an in-depth knowledge and appreciation of pianos who would be able to educate and inform about the instrument’s design and manufacture and their many and varied musical qualities.
Forsyth provides excellent opportunities for future career development. We are seeking someone who possesses strong communication skills, has a hunger and a drive for sales (preferably with a proven retail background), can work as part of a team, and has a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
For further information about Forsyths and the range of pianos we sell please visit our website www.forsyths.co.uk and come and visit the store.
The responsibilities for this post will include:
- To maintain and increase the level of piano sales and rentals
- To coordinate the administration and physical organisation of the department
- To assist in updating the website with information about piano stock as well as blogs and posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram relating to the piano department etcThe successful candidate for this job must have the following skills and attributes:
- Friendly personable manner happy to deal with beginners to experts alike
- An enthusiasm for selling high value items and desire to provide a high level of customer service
- Ability to demonstrate succinctly the various qualities of a piano (training will be given)
- Ability to work unaided with clear instructions and as part of a team
- Attention to detail in administrative tasks (e.g. organising delivery of pianos and organisation of preparation and maintenance of the stock)
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills
- High level of self motivation.
In addition the following attributes would be desirable:
- A proven track record in sales and customer service
- Experience in selling high value items to retail customers
- Ability to demonstrate pianos by playing appropriate repertoire to a high standard
- Previous interest in and knowledge of how a piano works
- Knowledge of the various brands and types of pianos available
- Able- bodied to assist in rearranging piano displaysSalary is commensurate with experience. This role is well remunerated by payment of salary plus commission
This is a full-time position 5 days per week including Saturdays and/or Sundays).
Please send a covering letter explaining why you are the best candidate for the role along with a current CV to email@example.com or post to Recruitment, Forsyth Brothers Ltd, 126 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 2GR
Closing deadline for applications 31st March 2023