Gear4music are looking for a High Tech Buyer, based in York.
As one of the fastest-growing retailers of musical instruments and equipment, Gear4music is proud to be at the forefront of the music industry. We are more than just a retailer. We are a community of music enthusiasts who are committed to providing the best possible online shopping experience for our customers. Fuelled by our love for music, we’re always innovating and improving.
At Gear4music, we are collaborative and work as a strong team together. With a foundation built on ambition and growth, we embrace every challenge as an opportunity to grow, both as individuals and as a collective. Passion and creativity drive us. They’re the heartbeats of every idea and the rhythms of every innovation. If you share our values and vision, join us to make music accessible to all.
Your part in the performance
You will play a crucial role within the Purchasing Department, dealing with manufacturers and suppliers in person and via telephone & email. You will use our bespoke computer system to process purchase orders and manage stock inventory, pricing and margins.
You will be committed to the continual development, improvement and extension of our product categories – which includes Studio & Production, Recording and DJ. Ideally you will have experience of working within a similar role in Purchasing or have a background in the music instrument industry.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate regularly with manufacturers and suppliers, fostering strong partnerships.
- Identify market trends and identify potential product gaps and opportunities.
- Efficiently manage purchase orders and invoice queries.
- Monitoring orders placed and ensured delivery is completed according to timescales agreed.
- Ensuring stock is available and competitively priced.
- Providing product and brand knowledge to the customer services department.
- Market and competitor analysis.
- Inventory housekeeping.
- Working alongside the distribution centres on delivery arrivals and queries.
- Coordinating with internal departments to deliver positive results.
Your Skills and Experience: What We’re Looking For
- A strong knowledge and genuine enthusiasm for Studio & Production, Recording and DJ products.
- Experience working in a purchasing or equivalent commercial role.
- IT proficient with an advanced knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Keen attention to detail and strong organisational abilities.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong time management skills, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- A positive and adaptable approach to change and challenges.
What we’ll give you
Alongside the benefit of working with a fantastic bunch of talented people, we are committed to providing a well-rounded benefits package that includes development opportunities and support for your wellbeing:
- Generous discount scheme across our full range of music and home entertainment products.
- Employee Assistance Programme, offering 24/7 caring & compassionate support across a wide range of areas.
- Access to 30 qualified Mental Health First Aiders across the business, demonstrating our commitment to prioritising mental health & wellbeing support as a ‘Mindful Employer’.
- Free car parking and electric charging points.
- Our modern office space features an onsite café and bar where we hold regular social events.
- A relaxed dress code and a great coffee machine to make your day more enjoyable.
Plus the following: employee referral scheme, employer pension scheme, corporate eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, company sick pay scheme, enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption pay, annual flu vaccinations, access to the 26-day per annum WFH policy where job roles permit.
We have an open, collaborative, and friendly culture, and offer a supportive learning environment for people to grow and develop a career with us.
Applications should be made via our website https://gear4music.livevacancies.co.uk/#/job/details/792