As one of the fastest-growing retailers of musical instruments and equipment, Gear4music is proud to be at the forefront of the music industry. We are more than just a retailer. We are a community of music enthusiasts who are committed to providing the best possible online shopping experience for our customers. Our passion for music drives us to constantly innovate and improve our offerings, and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our vision.
Your part in the performance
You will be experienced in managing import shipments from start to finish. You enjoy the detail and are meticulous in your planning. You will have strong communication skills and able to build good working relationships with other teams in the business.
As part of our dynamic Own Brand team, you’ll play a vital role in managing all import shipments from start to finish. Working very closely with our accounts department you will take responsibility for setting up all import payments. You will also work closely with our buyers, factories, designated forwarders/hauliers, and our five warehouses in the UK and across Europe to ensure goods are shipped, paid for, and delivered according to our requirements.
- Booking & confirming schedules.
- Processing shipping documentation and providing Trade Tariffs.
- Setting up all import payments via our online banking portal.
- Reviewing In-Transit Reports and updating records where necessary.
- Ensuring deliveries are arranged with the warehouses and are ready to be booked in.
- Working closely to our company SOP.
- Regularly reviewing shipping rates & gathering quotes for ad hoc shipments.
- Collating and distributing delivery forecasts to our warehouses.
- Ensuring our records and delivery dates are accurate and up to date.
- Organising stock movements between our warehouses.
Your Skills and Experience: What We’re Looking For
Whilst we have an idea in mind of what we need, we are inclusive, and we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences that can come together to make this new team into a success. If you are excited but not sure you tick every box, please apply, you may be the exact person we are looking for.
- Previous experience of Shipping, importing/exporting experience is essential for this role.
- Process driven with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong and clear communication skills.
- A dynamic work ethic with the ability to work under pressure.
- Microsoft Excel and reporting skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, so must be proactive and self-motivated.
- Ability to plan and manage workload efficiently.
- Problem solving mindset.
At Gear4music, we value teamwork, creativity, and innovation. As a Shipping Imports Coordinator, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a passionate team and make a significant impact on our business’s success. Apply now and join us in our mission to bring music to everyone!
What we’ll give you
Alongside the benefit of working with a fantastic bunch of talented people, we are committed to providing a well-rounded benefits package that includes development opportunities and support for your wellbeing:
- Generous discount scheme across our full range of music and home entertainment products.
- Employee Assistance Programme, offering 24/7 caring & compassionate support across a wide range of areas.
- Access to 30 qualified Mental Health First Aiders across the business, demonstrating our commitment to prioritising mental health & wellbeing support as a ‘Mindful Employer’.
- Free car parking and electric charging points.
- Our modern office space features an onsite café and bar where we hold regular social events.
- A relaxed dress code and great coffee machine to make your day more enjoyable.
Plus the following: employee referral scheme, employer pension scheme, corporate eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, company sick pay scheme, enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption pay, annual flu vaccinations, access to the 26-day per annum WFH policy where job roles permit.
We have an open, collaborative, and friendly culture, and offer a supportive learning environment for people to grow and develop a career with us.