Conn Selmer Europe is a wholly owned subsidiary of Conn Selmer Inc. one of the world’s most successful makers and distributors of musical instruments – with a revered portfolio encompassing brands such as Bach, Conn, King, Holton, Leblanc, Ludwig and Musser.
Many of our instruments continue to be designed and crafted by artisans in our US based facilities and workshops managed by our own highly skilled craftsmen and women. Whilst instruments are developed in the US there is an increasing focus on the UK and EU markets where we are seeing great potential for business growth in the future.
As we continue to grow our business alongside an expanding new team, we’re in a position to hire an enthusiastic and driven Business Development Manager with the key focus to help drive sales by supporting product development and technical knowhow, along with managing the ever-growing artist roster in the UK and across Europe.
The Business Development Manager would be responsible for:
- Sales growth by furthering Product Development & offering Technical Support
- Pro Active and Re Active sales support
- Ensuring Quality levels are monitored and maintained
- Reporting issues to Product Designers and Factory Engineers, communicating information received back to staff, dealer staff and consumers
- Ability to write detailed technical reports following instrument assessment
- Artist support – proactively identifying new artists to help raise the profile of our brands, whilst supporting the current artist database
- Responding to customer emails and calls with appropriate action and advice
- Training Dealer Sales and Technical Saff
- Creating Brass and Woodwind product and technical information
- Supporting both internal and external staff – working closely with key team members
- Liaising with Product and Technical staff worldwide
- Building an external technical team
- Support marketing with product and technical information
- Attending key events across the UK and Europe
- Strong communication skills
- Good Technical ability – able to repair and assess Brass and Woodwind instruments
- The ability to play test Brass and/or Woodwind instruments is essential
- Being able to speak a second European language is not vital but would be beneficial
- Computer literate – strong basic knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Ability to act in a discretionary and confidential manner
- Team player
- Responsible and accountable attitude
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent.
Monday – Friday, 9AM – 5PM.
Training will be provided on all systems to ensure you have all the information and skills required to complete the daily functionality of this role.
If you feel you have the drive and determination to become a member of the Conn Selmer team, then please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications October 31st 2023