Position: Sales Operations Manager.
Location: Blackstar HQ, Northampton, UK.
Launched in 2007, Blackstar is globally recognised and respected as an innovator and leader in guitar amplification design. We are a company of musicians who are truly passionate about what we do and understand the importance of great tone.
Blackstar is based in Northampton, with over 80 years’ combined experience in guitar amplification design and production. Our team pioneers change in the industry and has a strong commitment to driving transformational innovation within all of our products. Blackstar, and Carry-on by Blackstar products are the best in the world for design, technology and performance – we create the ultimate tools for self-expression.
Blackstar is a unique environment; it is professional and process-orientated, yet at the same time very dynamic and a fun place to work. Our company values promote equality, diversity and inclusion.
Our team are experts in their field, passionate about music and driven to be the most professional company in the industry.
If you approach your work with pride, want to be the best and help to grow our global brand to its full potential, we would love to hear from you.
We are recruiting an experienced and commercially minded Sales Operations Manager to work alongside the Director of Sales on all aspects of Blackstar’s global sales.
This is a business-critical role, where you will continuously analyse and report on key sales data and activities. You will be accountable for ensuring all sales processes are followed and a strong business rhythm is maintained at all times within the sales department.
You will also work collaboratively with other areas of the Blackstar business providing sales input in Marketing, Supply Chain planning and Training metrics.
You must be a team player and will be in continuous communication with our diverse customer base. You will be confident in challenging others, driving change and delivering results.
The key duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Collect, track, analyse, and communicate key sales data, including monthly ‘Global Stock and Sell-Through’ dashboards and reporting.
- Ensure current sales processes are being followed according to our Quality Management System (QMS).
- Propose and support the implementation of new sales systems, processes and reporting.
- Work with the Blackstar UK/Amazon sales team and our global distribution customers to execute the sales plan.
- Proactively support the global sales channel, working with the Director of Sales and the Sales Managers to ensure:
- Monthly production order intake from our distributors is in line with Blackstar’s budget.
- Blackstar’s sales policies are upheld.
- Global dealer information is collected and analysed to ensure excellent coverage of retailers in all geographies.
- That retailers within the territory carry a representative line-up of Blackstar products, backed up by a formalised stocking policy.
- An appropriate commitment to New Product orders by all global distributors according to targets.
- That Blackstar launch plans are carried out effectively, ensuring that sufficient ‘pipeline fill’ has occurred prior to launch.Keep Blackstar’s CRM fully updated with contact data and reports.
- Promote and support the use of the Blackstar ELITE training portal worldwide
- Provide Blackstar with ongoing product, market trend and competitor feedback informed from your sales activity.
Note: This role is primarily based at Blackstar HQ in Northampton; however, the successful candidate may also have the opportunity to travel occasionally e.g. to meet customers and support the sales team at international trade shows such as NAMM Show USA in Anaheim, Music China in Shanghai.
The ideally sought candidate will possess the following:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- A passion for numbers, especially sales/data analytics and the ability to present insights which lead to profitable activity.
- Excellent knowledge of sales administration processes, systems and reporting.
- Experience working in a proactive, target driven, B2B sales environment.
- Track record of giving excellent customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to prepare and present data.
- A strong desire to continue developing their commercial skills to the highest level.
- Professional, organised, methodical and able to work under pressure.
The below qualifications/skills/experience would be beneficial, however not essential:
- Degree / HND level qualification or above.
- Qualification / experience in implementing and using Business Intelligence software e.g. Power BI / Tableau.
- Worked within the Musical Instrument market and/or be passionate about being part of the industry.
- Play guitar or another musical instrument.
- Knowledge of international logistics / supply chain processes.
Package and info:
Salary + Commission + Bonus scheme
25 days annual leave (+1 day annually after 2nd work anniversary, up to maximum 30 days)
Office hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday, and a willingness to work extra hours as and when required to achieve results.
As a business we appreciate that people have different needs (e.g. caring responsibilities). At Blackstar we always try to support our staff flexibly where practical and possible, working together to ensure the needs of the business are met.
Blackstar Amplification welcomes applications from all, irrespective of disability, gender, gender expression and identity, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, age, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality (subject to UKBA permission), trade union membership and activity, political or religious beliefs, socio-economic background and any other distinction.
If you wish to apply, then please return a completed Blackstar application form, along with your CV and a brief video to introduce yourself in 60 seconds or less.