Conn Selmer Europe is a wholly owned subsidiary of Conn Selmer Inc. one of the world’s most successful makers and distributors of musical instruments – with a revered portfolio encompassing brands such as Bach, Conn, King, Holton, Leblanc, Ludwig and Musser.
Many of our instruments continue to be designed and crafted by artisans in our US based facilities and workshops managed by our own highly skilled craftsmen and women. Whilst instruments are developed in the US there is an increasing focus on the UK and EU markets where we are seeing great potential for business growth in the future.
As we continue to grow our business alongside an expanding new team, we’re in a strong position to hire an instrument technician on a full or part-time basis.
You will join the company at an exciting time, with a wide range of new models being launched to the market. We require a highly skilled and dedicated technician to support product development, but more importantly quality control for all instruments that leave the CSE head office, whilst also making sure customer issues are resolved quickly.
Technician would be responsible for:
- Instrument inspection
- Quality Control of all new instruments – checking inventory prior to dispatch
- Ensuring quality levels are monitored, reported on and maintained
- Generating detailed product/technical reports
- Communicating information to Product Managers and Factory Engineers
- Offering feedback to CSE staff, dealers’ staff and consumers
- Supporting artists with both initial set-up and technical support
- Responding to end user communication with appropriate action and advice
- Supporting Dealers Technical Staff with advice and information on spare parts
- Working closely with Key members of both CSI and CSE staff
- Liaising with Product and Technical staff worldwide
- Support marketing with product and technical information
- Attending key events across the UK and Europe when required
- Strong communication skills
- Good technical ability – able to repair and assess Brass and Woodwind instruments
- Ability to play test Brass and/or Woodwind instruments is essential
- Being able to speak a second European language is not vital but would be beneficial
- Computer literate – strong basic knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Ability to act in a discretionary and confidential manner
- Team player
- Responsible and accountable attitude
Job Type: Part-time or Full-time
Monday – Friday
Training will be provided on all systems to ensure you have all the information and skills required to complete the daily functionality of this role.
If you feel you have the drive and determination to become a member of the Conn Selmer team, then please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications October 31st 2023