Various Roles at PMT
At PMT, we currently employ over 200 members of staff in various roles from the Shop Floor to the Warehouse and Web Teams.
If you think you could work for PMT and fit one of these roles please send your CV and a covering letter to the email address stated in the job description.
We will always consult our existing applications before posting a new job role, so send over your details and get in there first!
Sales Assistant Roles Available at PMT Bristol
PMT Bristol is currently looking to recruit two new sales assistants. Find out more about the roles available and apply now.
Marketing Assistant Job Available at PMT Online Office, Liverpool
PMT Online is looking to recruit a marketing assistant. Find out more about the role and apply here.
Head of Merchandise Job Available at PMT Online Office, Liverpool
PMT Online is looking to recruit a new head of merchandise. Find out more about the role and apply here.
Piano Product Specialist – Classic Division
Yamaha Music UK
We are looking for a highly knowledgeable and enthusiastic Piano Product Specialist to join the Classic Division at Yamaha Music UK. As Piano Product Specialist, you will be training, supporting and inspiring our staff, dealers and customers to better understand the USP’s of Yamaha and Bösendorfer Pianos.
Working together with the Product Manager and Sales Manager you’ll help develop and drive our Piano business, assisting in devising and implementing a piano marketing strategy which supports the key product lines, sales objectives and brand messaging.
You’ll also be responsible for developing our Piano Artist Programme – supporting current artists, identifying new talent and overseeing all partnership PR, marketing and content creation.
Reporting to the Product Manager, you will work closely with the Classic Marketing Team and Sales Rep Team.
We need someone who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who has the courage to risk new ways of approach and the ability to consider things from a customer perspective.
This role is office based in Milton Keynes with regular travel around the UK
Influence pianos sales in all market sectors
Support internal and external staff with in-depth product knowledge through regular training sessions and circulation of product information
Develop dealer’s technical knowledge and enthusiasm for Yamaha and Bösendorfer Pianos by delivering regular training and materials
Provide and deliver product presentations for seminars, educational workshops, in-store and out of store events
Develop a list of key accounts to encourage and assist strategic model sales
Ensure product information is accurate in all online and offline material
Monitor the UK market place in terms of Yamaha, Bösendorfer and competitors
Recommend, design and co-ordinate the piano marketing plan together with the Product Manager and Marketing Team
Generate ideas and powerful marketing initiatives which are inline and contributing to our overall marketing goals and business strategies
Attend and contribute to monthly sales and marketing meetings
Work closely with, and support our Institution Business Manager
Work closely with our Yamaha Piano Technical team and CF Centre in London
Develop and support our Yamaha and Bösendorfer Piano Artist roster whilst identifying new talent
Oversee all PR, marketing and content creation from our Artist Partnerships
Liaise with YME-HQ on product development and support HQ Product and Marketing Managers
Attend and support piano selections
Attend concerts and festivals
Monitor non-good stock and loans, ensuring stock levels are managed within guidelines
Manage the allocated advertising and promotions budget for Pianos
Working as a proactive and collaborative member of the wider Classic Division Team
Your Profile and Skills
Deep knowledge of the Acoustic piano and market including Hybrid pianos
Must be able to play piano and confidently demonstrate product to customers
Product orientated background with understanding of the Yamaha advantage and competitor brands
Minimum of 2 years industry experience in marketing products and /or planning customer focussed campaigns
An understanding of what drives business
A genuine passion for marketing with good understanding of digital communication
Strong relationship building skills and networking ability
Strong ability to develop product campaign messaging
Able to manage multiple projects and priorities and meet deadlines
Team oriented with an approachable attitude
A solution seeker, not a problem spotter
Excellent written and verbal communication skills – comfortable delivering reporting and recommendations to all management levels
Full drivers license
Working knowledge of Adobe CS, Indesign and Photoshop desirable
To apply for this role, please send your CV with covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Store Manager & Piano Sales Manager
Our staff are our greatest asset. All of ours are musicians themselves, and bring a broad range of specialised knowledge to our business. If you are looking to combine your retail career with a passion for music, then Brittens can offer you the opportunity to pursue both.
We are located in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, and at New Haw, Surrey and provide a retail and web shopping experience. Our product range caters to developing musicians of all ages. We supply Instruments, accessories and sheet music as well as a rental scheme, a music school (from our Tunbridge Wells location) as well as a repairs service.
Due to an expansion of our Piano Department, we are currently recruiting:-
Piano Sales Manager – Tunbridge Wells
Store Manager – Tunbridge Wells
See our Careers page for more details: https://www.brittensmusic.co.uk/careers
Export Sales Coordinator
Based at our Garforth, Leeds Head Office, we are recruiting an Export Sales Coordinator for our busy and vibrant export sales office.
Reporting to the Export Sales Manager, the role primarily involves the preparation of export customer orders, liaising with the Company’s export customers and sales agents, generating precise documentation, compilation of statistics, relationship management with freight forwarders and updating databases.
The role also involves enquiry response, query resolution, trade customer relations and engagement with the Company’s export sales team and other departments, nurturing trade relations and maintaining high levels of presale and aftersales customer care.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated experienced and disciplined individual, strong on detail and accuracy, will have excellent interpersonal skills, be an engaging and adept communicator, be literate, numerate, and competent with MS Office applications.
It will suit an individual who works well in a team and independently. Direct experience in business to business administration and export shipping is preferred although training will be provided for the right candidate.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
• Processing of trade customer orders received via various methods, preparation of customer orders to include order input, confirmations, preparing and issuing Pro-Forma invoices and managing the dispatch process.
• Generating correct and precise documentation to accompany goods where necessary.
• Liaising on daily basis with specific customers on lead time information, product queries, spare part requests, returns etc.
• Updating, on a regular periodical basis, Intrastat figures, recording details of products shipped to and from the European Union market.
• Updating of customer information database for website locations
• Initiate contact and manage relationships with freight forwarders.
• Contributing to the efficient, smooth, error free running of the department by ensuring existing policies and standard operating procedures are understood and followed.
• Encouraging and fostering positive trade relationships, communicating in a friendly and professional.
• Helping prospective customers and new trade customers with their enquiries and application process.
• Politely, confidently and accurately receiving and dealing with customer general and pricing queries.
• Assisting in general sales office and other reasonable duties within the department and company as required.
Salary £18,000 – £19,000 /year
Piano Sales Advisor
Bonners Piano Centre | Milton Keynes MK1
Full Time | 5 Days / 37.5 hours a week Including Weekend Day(s) On a Rota Basis
Salary range: £19,500 – £25,000 according to skills & previous experience
Bonners Music is an established piano retailer/distributor with two showroom locations in the South East, and a busy online / telephone sales operation.
Our new Milton Keynes Piano Distribution Centre (opens Q4 2019) will contain one of the largest collections of acoustic and digital pianos in the UK. It will be a destination for lovers
of the piano from all over England.
Although established since 1976, we are a modern, forward-thinking retailer run by a team of passionate staff who put customer experience at the forefront of everything we do.
Due to this exciting expansion of our piano division, we have a vacancy for a Piano Sales Advisor.
The position would suit candidates with great communication & people skills who have a knowledge of acoustic pianos, as well as an understanding of the benefits of digital &
The role will include demonstrating acoustic, digital and electronic keyboard instruments to potential customers, as well as offering technical & sales advice over the phone and through
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to receive product & sales training conducted in-house and externally by leading instrument manufacturers.
Warehouse & Goods In/Out
The successful candidate will also oversee goods in and out of the warehouse. Ensuring pianos are in the right place at the right time – ready for our delivery teams to load them on to
vans to take to customers all over the UK.
This represents a great opportunity to start a career in a progressive, fast moving company within the music industry while working with a focused but friendly team.
MINIMUM CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
All applicants will need to meet the minimum requirements detailed below:
● Good piano/keyboard demonstration skills
● Good communication skills – person to person, written & telephone
● Able-bodied (sometimes heavy lifting is involved)
● Ability to work unaided with clear instructions and as part of a team
● Full UK Drivers Licence (not essential but advantageous)
● Smart & Presentable Appearance
● Experience of tuning and basic maintenance/repair of acoustic pianos (not essential but advantageous).
Continual Training, Personal Development Plan, 28 Days Holiday (Including Bank Holidays),
Possibility of Overtime Available, Pension Scheme
Please email CVs, with covering letter, to email@example.com
Sound Technology Ltd
To see these two jobs please click link below for full details.
Product Specialist Glasgow
Roland (UK) Ltd
Please click link below for full details.
Making Music has some Job and Volunteer vacancies, please follow the link below to find out more.
Responsible for: Repair tasks to all Blackstar products and loan stock.
Overall purpose of the job: To assist service department with the returns, processing and repair of Blackstar products, plus administer the loan stock amplifier stock
Main Activities / Tasks:
• General service work – working to component level on digital and analogue circuits
• Booking in service repairs and arranging the return of repaired units
• Collection and delivery of loan stock
• Maintenance of the loan stock logging system
• General enquiries by phone and email
• Shipment of spares
• Handling the daily out going post
• Occasional Quality testing off site
• Take responsibility for the general housekeeping of the workshop ensuring tidiness and cleanliness
• Any other required duty as and when required.
• Occasional off site visits
Ideally the candidate will be familiar with all aspects of guitar amplifier design and manufacture, and will be able to apply their extensive knowledge in a commercial environment
Minimum HNC in electronics or associated engineering subject or 5 years’ experience of electronic service and repair of consumer audio equipment
Knowledge of valve based audio equipment
An interest in musical instrument and audio technology
A Guitar player
A demonstrable aptitude for electronics and will have been interested in guitar amps, consumer electronics and circuitry in a previous role
Experience with working within a KPI (Key Performance Indicator) structure. Will have worked in commercial electronics environment in a similar role for a minimum of 5 years, with experience of talking to end users in both written and verbal form
Patient and clear thinking
Mature and methodical
A structured approach
Able to communicate at all levels and environments
Diplomatic, assertive and confident
Ability to prioritise well
Must be willing to work extra hours in order to meet deadlines
Work will be based at Blackstar HQ in Northampton
Working hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Apply here: blackstaramps.com/uk/careers
Overall purpose of the job:
To develop Blackstar proprietary software (both for public release and internal development tools) from design brief to release and beyond. Responsibility for the quality and features of Blackstar end-user-facing software products.
Main Activities / Tasks:
- Specifying, designing and developing new, user-focused software as per business needs
- Support and maintenance of existing Blackstar software, including the specification and development of new features
- Working within the Digital Team to understand requirements for – and resolve issues with – Blackstar software
- Assisting in software project planning
- Identifying areas for improvement within Blackstar software development processes, and delivering solutions for them
- Other duties within skill set but not necessarily role scope as and when (creative design input, attending meetings etc)
Education / Qualifications:
- Qualified to degree level or above in a relevant subject
Training / Technical Skills:
- Microsoft Silverlight programming experience
- Native macOS development experience
- Mobile application development experience
- User interface design
- Experience using automated build systems e.g. Jenkins
- Web services or other distributed programming methodologies
- Cross-platform development methods e.g. Mono or similar
- C programming knowledge
- Scripting knowledge
- C# .Net programming experience
- Experience using and developing for Unix-based systems, e.g. macOS
- Knowledge of operating system internals (event loops, drivers, kernel/user architecture, threading models, etc)
- Full software lifecycle experience, including requirements capture, solution identification, and system design.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new programming languages and tools, as required
- Strong software design principles
- Experience in using version/source control software
- USB application communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good numerical skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Experience/awareness of software testing principles
- XML experience
Experience / Knowledge:
- Experience working in an Agile environment, using Sprints to plan work packages and report results
- A musical background, guitar playing or otherwise, would be considered a strong advantage, though is by no means essential
- 3+ years commercial software development experience
- Independent and self-reliant, being able to work without close supervision
- Working within a KPI (Key Performance Indicator) structure
- Passion for the music industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build professional relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to manage working time effectively and prioritise assignments appropriately
- Enthusiastic, methodical, committed and dependable
Specific Requirements of the Role:
- Full time, 8:00 – 17:00, Monday – Friday in Northampton, UK
- Willing to work extra hours as and when required
Apply here: blackstaramps.com/uk/careers
Various positions – GAK, Brighton
The legendary Guitar Amp and Keyboard Centre in the heart of Brighton’s historic North Laine district are advertising for the following roles:
- Full-time Sales Assistant to work in the Guitar Department
- Full-time Sales Assistant to work in the Pro Audio Department
- Full-time Department Supervisor to work in the Drum Cavern
For full job specs, to apply and for all other details, please visit: www.gak.co.uk/en/jobsatgak
Focusrite has a number of openings in High Wycombe
To see these please go to focusrite.workable.com
Experienced Woodwind & Brass Technician
“Dawkes Music & Windcraft Ltd are a globally recognised UK based Music Industry company that have expert staff who specialise in products, performance, teaching and repairing in the brass and woodwind sector. We stock a unique range of spare parts, instruments, accessories and repair materials for the brass and woodwind retail and wholesale market.
Our purpose is to create and inspire musicians no matter their age or ability, whilst supporting them on their musical journey”
Dawkes Music is looking for an experienced Woodwind and Brass technician to take on a full-time position in one of the largest and most reputable specialist Woodwind and Brass repair workshops in the UK. Our team currently has 6 technicians and we are looking to increase this to meet demand.
Candidates will require a recognised qualification from a reputable training institution (i.e. Newark College, Merton College) plus at least 3-5 years of professional experience. References would be accepted although we will invite candidates to carry out repairs in our workshop as part of the interview process.
A fast-paced, exciting and dynamic work environment where anything could come through the door – Our technicians must be prepared to think on their feet with teamwork and intelligent problem solving at the heart of our busy workshop. Daily tasks will involve routine high-quality servicing of Woodwind and Brass instruments, as well as minor emergency repairs throughout the day. You must be able to successfully diagnose faults on an instrument and make honest estimates of potential time and costs based on your findings. Our technicians must be enthusiastic, compassionate, transparent and engaged with the needs of the customer to provide the best possible solution to any faults found. A new addition to our team must be able to complete high quality work within a schedule and work pro-actively with others to achieve our collective responsibilities. Both in and out of house-training opportunities are possible to allow us to meet our customer requirements.
Create a foundation of trust and an unforgettable experience through customer interaction
Inspire musicians with our depth of knowledge and demonstration of practical skills
Support customers by maintaining our schedule and keeping to our promises
- Excellent understanding of woodwork and metalwork
- A good ear for pitch and tone quality
- Play-testing skills sufficient across the full range of wind instruments
- Problem solving skills
- Accuracy, precision and a sharp eye for detail
- Considerable patience
- Focus and concentration
- Great customer service, communication and people skills
- Basic knowledge of computer skills
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Enthusiastic customer interaction in-store, via phone and e-mail
- High quality servicing of woodwind instruments
- High quality servicing of brass wind instruments
- Undertaking daily minor walk-in repairs
- Quality checking of new instruments sold by Dawkes Music
- Maintaining a high standard of finishing
- Involvement in in-house development projects
- Maintaining companywide standards and values
- Reporting to departmental manager and completing weekly tasks
35 hours per week (with one regular day off during the week TBC) Mon – Fri 9:30-5:30, Sat 9:30-4:30
20 days paid annual holiday
Companywide profit-share scheme
Salary Details on application
Experience for this role is necessary – Please do not apply unless you have experience in this field
Apply with CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to Abi Taylor, Dawkes Music Ltd, Reform Road, Maidenhead, SL6 8BT
Opportunities at Millers Music, Cambridge
Millers Music in Cambridge are advertising for a number of roles including a Sales Manager in our guitar team and a Sales Assistant in our Orchestral team.
Blackstar is a fast growing, dynamic audio engineering company, whose award-winning products are known for innovation and great tone. Founded in 2004 and based in the UK, we have built a team of highly talented individuals working together in pursuit of excellence.
Blackstar are now looking for a world-class individual to join their cross-functional R&D team to help to design innovative new products.
If you have a relevant engineering degree, a minimum of three years’ commercial design experience and enjoy working from conception of a product through to PCB, let Blackstar save you from an average career.
View the job description and apply here: https://www.blackstaramps.com/uk/careers