Make Music Day
Make Music Day 2020 is going digital! This is hugely exciting if not a little different from previous years and as such we’re looking for an exceptional Digital Producer to join our team from mid-April. Download the Digital Producer brief
Closing date for applications Tuesday 14 April.
Interviews will take place via zoom on Thursday 16 April.
If you have any questions, or would like an informal chat about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Vacancies at PMT
If you think you could work for PMT and fit one of these roles please submit your applications via the links below:
- Visualisation Engineer – www.indeedjobs.com/jobs/782dc75d1975294609e1?from=snippet
- Senior E-Commerce Manager – www.indeedjobs.com/jobs/cd11f4fde614fc3322b5?from=snippet
- Product Merchandiser – www.indeedjobs.com/jobs/5f23c2196066339363ec?from=snippet
- Online Sales Assistant – www.indeedjobs.com/jobs/40e2574f18927cc2fe95?from=snippet
Alternatively, please send an CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Guitar Technician & Sales People
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to recruit an additional GUITAR TECHNICIAN to assist us full time over a 5 day week. Working under the guidance of our Head Technician you will assist in all aspects of guitar maintenance and quality control.
Your responsibilities will include QC on all incoming and outgoing products, general guitar maintenance and set ups, customer repairs and queries, warranty repairs and pick up installation and electrical issues. As part of the Warehouse team there may also be additional warehouse responsibilities.
We are looking for someone with a sound product knowledge and a real passion for guitars, we have a pretty large catalogue of products and many exclusive lines so there is a lot to take on board.
If you would like to be considered for the role please send your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to recruit a number of sales people to assist us full time over a 5 day week.
Your responsibilities will include serving customers in store, handling incoming customer calls and emails, processing sales and pre-orders and helping our customers find the right product for them.
We are looking for someone with a sound product knowledge and a real passion for guitar, we have a pretty large catalogue of products and many exclusive lines so there is a lot to take on board. A background in sales is key and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are desirable.
If you would like to be considered for the role please send your CV over to email@example.com
PRODUCT SPECIALIST – GLASGOW
Roland (UK) Ltd
Job Title: Product Specialist
Job Type: Permanent
Based: Guitar Guitar, Glasgow
Reports to: Retail & Accessories Manager
The Company: Roland (UK) Ltd
Roland is a world leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of electronic musical instruments including; keyboards & synthesisers, guitar products, electronic percussion kits, digital recording equipment, amplifiers and audio processing devices.
Roland Stores are a retail arm of Roland UK.
A Roland Store is an area manned by a Roland Product specialist, located in leading musical instrument retailers to promote, demonstrate, sell and provide customer support for Roland and Boss products.
Please refer to our website for more information of Roland and Boss products.
The person we are seeking has sales experience and a passion for music technology. You will have the ability to drive musical instrument sales as an outstanding product demonstrator, offer excellent customer service, work with store team members and have an appetite to proactively sell. The individual we are looking for will have the ability to become an accomplished sales person managing a broad range of the Roland and Boss business within the Roland Store, offering excellent product knowledge and promote both Roland and the store via traditional and digital marketing methods.
The person will be the sole Roland representative in the store and will therefore be involved in every aspect of running a successful retail business.
- Dealing with a large cross section of customer enquiries
- Demonstrating and selling Roland, Boss & V-Moda products
- Following up sales leads & conducting outbound sales calls
- Offering post sales & technical support for customers of the Roland Store
- Managing and maintaining the Roland & Boss areas
- Creating marketing campaigns for local and online audiences via traditional and digital methods including social media
- Completing reports
- Train and work closely with other store staff to maximise Roland & Boss sales
- Run promotional events throughout the year
- Experience in a sales role
- Punctual & reliable
- Excellent communicator both on the telephone and face to face
- To have a strong interest and understanding of Hi-tech products
- Must be proficient in two of the following;
- Recording/Production equipment (computer-based recording)
- Experience in a customer service role
- Highly organised and able to prioritise multiple tasks
- Naturally an independent worker who uses initiative to find solutions
- Creatively minded to continuously improve and overcome challenges
- Polite, helpful and an active listener
- Someone who has the ability to put customers at ease
- A persuasive nature & the ability to think on your feet
- Competent computer skills with experience of email, calendars, internet & reporting
- Has the ability to work with management of the store and key stakeholders to grow business for the future
- A clean and well organised person who would successfully plan their time to maintain and manage the Roland displays
- Good understanding of social media
- Enthusiastic manner & passionate about music
– Basic Salary & Commission %
– Private Healthcare
– Contributory pension
Please send your completed application form and CV, via email, to the HR Administrator: Alexandra.Fry@roland.com
EKB Product Specialist – Classic Division
YAMAHA Music Europe GmbH
We are looking for a highly knowledgeable and enthusiastic EKB Product Specialist to join the Classic Division at Yamaha Music UK. As EKB Product Specialist, you will be training, supporting and inspiring our staff, dealers and customers to better understand the USPs of our Digital Piano and Portable Keyboard ranges.
Working together with the Product Manager and Sales Manager you’ll help develop and drive our EKB business, assisting in devising and implementing a marketing strategy which supports the key product lines, sales objectives and brand messaging.
You’ll be the face of Yamaha at key events, trade shows and festivals whilst coordinating our demonstrator team. You’ll also be responsible for developing our Artist Programme – supporting current artists, identifying new talent and overseeing all partnership PR, marketing and content creation.
Reporting to the Product Manager, you will work closely with the Classic Marketing Team and Sales Rep Team.
We need someone who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who has the courage to risk new ways of approach and the ability to consider things from a customer perspective.
This role is office based in Milton Keynes with regular travel around the UK
• Influence Digital Piano and Portable Keyboard sales in all market sectors
• Support internal and external staff with in-depth product knowledge through regular training sessions and circulation of product information
• Develop dealer’s technical knowledge and enthusiasm for Yamaha EKB product ranges by delivering regular training and materials
• Provide and deliver product presentations for seminars, educational workshops, in-store and out of store events
• Develop a list of key accounts to encourage and assist strategic model sales
• Presentation of product to national mass market accounts
• Ensure product information is accurate in all online and offline material
• Monitor the UK market place in terms of Yamaha and competitors
• Recommend, design and co-ordinate the EKB marketing plan together with the Product Manager and Marketing Team
• Generate ideas and powerful marketing initiatives which are inline and contributing to our overall marketing goals and business strategies
• Attend and contribute to monthly sales and marketing meetings
• Work closely with, and support our Institution Business Manager
• Develop and support our Artist roster whilst identifying new talent
• Oversee all PR, marketing and content creation from our Artist Partnerships
• Liaise with YME-HQ on product development and support HQ Product and Marketing Managers
• Monitor non-good stock and loans, ensuring stock levels are managed within guidelines
• Manage the allocated advertising and promotions budget for EKB
• Working as a proactive and collaborative member of the wider Classic Division Team
Your Profile and Skills
• Deep knowledge of the Digital Piano and Portable Keyboard market
• Must be able to play piano and demonstrate instruments from EKB product portfolio
• Product orientated background with understanding of the Yamaha advantage and competitor brands
• Minimum of 2 years industry experience in marketing products and /or planning customer focussed campaigns
• An understanding of what drives business
• A genuine passion for marketing with good understanding of digital communication
• Strong relationship building skills and networking ability
• Strong ability to develop product campaign messaging
• Able to manage multiple projects and priorities and meet deadlines
• Team oriented with an approachable attitude
• A solution seeker, not a problem spotter
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – confident presenter, comfortable with delivering reporting and recommendations to all management levels
• Full driver’s license
• MS Office
• Windows 10
• Working knowledge of Adobe CS (InDesign and Photoshop)
If you’d like to apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to:
Main purpose of the role
To enable the sales of Sound Technology’s entertainment lighting products and promote the interests of the company via a network of dealers, contractors, designers and other stakeholders.
- To make, plan and structure regular visits to all key accounts, (Rental, Rock n Roll, Installers, Reseller) assigned to you, providing thorough reports of visits and sales prospects.
- To take responsibility for achieving sales and order targets and developing business in accordance with the company’s business plan for entertainment lighting.
- Work with our suppliers to identify UK entertainment lighting projects and manage them from inception through to conclusion.
- To take responsibility for the management of all issues arising from the business assigned to you within the region.
- To motivate and enable our channels to increase sales of the product range through utilising appropriate marketing techniques.
- To liaise with the senior Sound Technology management regarding channel reporting and sales strategies, and where necessary provide similar information to our suppliers.
- To seek out new business opportunities in the assigned area.
- To assist in the generation of positive PR to support the company’s reputation as a market leader, either directly, or in cooperation with the relevant customers.
- To ensure that products and the company are well represented by dealers and contractors in the sales region. Also to ensure that the dealers and contractors are fully aware of the product range and its applications and are technically trained on the products.
- To take responsibility for, and promote, the health, safety and welfare within the sales administration area, whilst complying with the company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance is expected of all employees.
From time to time the job holder will be expected to carry out other activities and tasks, within their skills and ability or for which they are trained to do in order to assist in the efficient operation of the company.
Based on these deliverables, the successful candidate will be able to fulfil the following criteria;
- Be able to show an excellent understanding of entertainment lighting products and markets, preferably having worked for a manufacturer/distributor in this market.
- Can demonstrate ability to achieve sales and order targets.
- Able to provide details of previous sales experience.
- Can demonstrate ability to main sales records, call plans and associated reporting.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to manage customer relationships.
- Can show excellent written, verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Can show a good level of computer literacy, showing knowledge of ERP CRM systems (preferably Netsuite).
- Show ability and understanding of the need for attention to detail.
- Can work with little supervision but can also work as part of a team.
- Be able to demonstrate products to clients.
Working in this sector will require the applicant to;
- Have a full and clean driving licence and be willing to travel throughout the UK and Ireland. Travel abroad may also be required to attend trade events.
- Be familiar with Health and Safety best practices
To apply for this role, please download and complete the application form. Then submit your form and CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post:
Sound Technology Ltd
17 Letchworth Point
Letchworth Garden City
Blüthner Piano Centre
Blüthner Pianos are one of the oldest and most established piano manufacturers in the world. We have an opportunity for a senior sales consultant to join our flagship showroom in central London.
We are looking for a friendly, engaging and enthusiastic member of staff to manage and grow our retail sales division whilst identifying and implementing new sales and marketing opportunities.
• Managing our retail sales in our central London showroom
• Identifying and developing new sales opportunities
• Growing brand awareness via social media platforms
• Managing our rehearsal studio facilities
• Ensuring stock is well maintained
• Organising and co-ordinating showroom events and concerts
• Create and maintain CRM records
Desirable Skills and experience:
• Previous sales experience
• Basic piano playing ability
• Highly motivated and an enthusiastic approach to developing business
• Computer and social media literate
• Friendly, outgoing and courteous approach to customer service
In return, we are offering a competitive salary and looking to invite someone in to a fast paced and friendly working environment.
Potential development for growth and travel to manage B2B sales and other brand ambassador roles.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
Take It Away – Research Brief
We’re looking for an independent researcher or research team to review, build on and contextualise the findings of a survey exploring the barriers disabled people face when accessing music-making opportunities.
We are specifically welcoming of applications from people with lived experience of disability.
The full brief can be seen on the Youth Music Network here: https://network.youthmusic.org.uk/TakeItAway
Chair of Trustees
“Sound Connections develops, enables and empowers young Londoners through high quality music-making opportunities.”
Sound Connections is recruiting a new Chair of Trustees.
The new Chair will be passionate about the purpose and values of Sound Connections, be an advocate for its work, help build the charity’s profile and grow its fundraising base. They will also provide inspirational leadership ensuring high levels of performance across the Board of Trustees.
For full details of the job specification and how to apply please read all the documents below.
The deadline for application for this post is 12noon on Monday 6 January 2020 and applications should be emailed to Philip Flood, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org and marked confidential. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview on Friday 17 January 2020.
Sales Assistant at PMT Newcastle
If you are a team player and you have the ability to work in a fast-paced retail environment, PMT Newcastle would love you to be part of their friendly, in-store sales team!
To be a great addition to our team, you must have retail and sales experience and a strong passion for music. Ideally, you’ll also be to demonstrate all of our drums, guitar and Hi-tech products.
- A strong customer service focus and excellent communication skills
- Previous high-quality retail sales experience
- The ability to work under pressure and to sales targets
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Be within travelling distance to PMT Newcastle.
- A knowledge of drums would be preferred
- A willingness to learn and innovate
Other information you’ll need
- Full time permanent role
- 40 hours per week, with a weekly rota provided. Store working hours are 9:30am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday, and 11am-5pm on Sundays.
- Immediate start available
- 20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- PMT Newcastle address: 27-29 Dean Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1PQ
About PMT Online
Established in 1991, we sell the world’s biggest musical instrument and equipment brands with 16 award-winning music stores across the UK. It’s an exciting time to join the team and we need talented people onboard. We can offer a competitive salary, generous staff discount on all musical products, plus other great company benefits. If you are ambitious and would like a career where you can expect to be rewarded for hard work, please get in touch either through our website or Indeed!
Please apply through PMT’s website: careers-jobs
Drums and Percussion Specialist
We are looking for a highly knowledgeable and enthusiastic Drums and Percussion Specialist to join the PMT Online team as a buyer.
Reporting to the Operations Director against strategic KPI’s, you will be responsible for continued performance and growth of category revenues and profits in your remit, throughout the Omni Channel business model.
- Management and continued development of supplier relationships
- Negotiation and management of all pricing, terms and schedules
- Budget management, forecasting, purchasing and inventory management
- Profile selection and management across all retail and warehouse locations
- Working closely with the operations team to devise and improve merchandising and marketing decisions
- Identifying trends and gaps in the market to ensure a competitive and comprehensive range of products
- In house brand product development within category both locally and internationally from design to manufacture
Desirable skills and experience
- A comprehensive knowledge of drums and percussion, including a good understanding of the market
- Established track record within retail, ecommerce, purchasing and marketing within the MI industry
- An inquisitive entrepreneurial mind-set with the capability to think of new innovative commercial ideas
- Organised, excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- A proactive approach who can deliver against multiple deadlines
- Clear and efficient communication as you will frequently be liaising with multiple locations
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously
- A very keen eye for detail
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A passion for drum and percussion products and a strong demonstrable understanding of the nuances that can make products distinctive
- A willingness to learn and continue to innovate
Other information you’ll need
- Competitive industry salary reflecting experience, to be discussed during interview
- PMT Online address: 70-72 Evans Road, Speke, Liverpool, L24 9PB.
- 20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Working hours: 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
- Ability to travel both nationally internationally when required for events and launches
- Contract type: Full time, permanent
About PMT Online
Established in 1991, we sell the world’s biggest musical instrument and equipment brands with 16 award-winning music stores across the UK.
It’s an exciting time to join the team and we need talented people onboard. We can offer a competitive salary, generous staff discount on all musical products, plus other great company benefits. If you are ambitious and would like a career where you can expect to be rewarded for hard work, please get in touch!
Rocksteady Music School
There’s a wide range of jobs available with Rocksteady Music School, check them out here: boards.greenhouse.io/rocksteadymusicschool/
Focusrite has a number of openings in High Wycombe
To see these please go to focusrite.workable.com