Making Music has some Job and Volunteer vacancies, please follow the link below to find out more.
Responsible for: Repair tasks to all Blackstar products and loan stock.
Overall purpose of the job: To assist service department with the returns, processing and repair of Blackstar products, plus administer the loan stock amplifier stock
Main Activities / Tasks:
• General service work – working to component level on digital and analogue circuits
• Booking in service repairs and arranging the return of repaired units
• Collection and delivery of loan stock
• Maintenance of the loan stock logging system
• General enquiries by phone and email
• Shipment of spares
• Handling the daily out going post
• Occasional Quality testing off site
• Take responsibility for the general housekeeping of the workshop ensuring tidiness and cleanliness
• Any other required duty as and when required.
• Occasional off site visits
Ideally the candidate will be familiar with all aspects of guitar amplifier design and manufacture, and will be able to apply their extensive knowledge in a commercial environment
Minimum HNC in electronics or associated engineering subject or 5 years’ experience of electronic service and repair of consumer audio equipment
Knowledge of valve based audio equipment
An interest in musical instrument and audio technology
A Guitar player
A demonstrable aptitude for electronics and will have been interested in guitar amps, consumer electronics and circuitry in a previous role
Experience with working within a KPI (Key Performance Indicator) structure. Will have worked in commercial electronics environment in a similar role for a minimum of 5 years, with experience of talking to end users in both written and verbal form
Patient and clear thinking
Mature and methodical
A structured approach
Able to communicate at all levels and environments
Diplomatic, assertive and confident
Ability to prioritise well
Must be willing to work extra hours in order to meet deadlines
Work will be based at Blackstar HQ in Northampton
Working hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Apply here: blackstaramps.com/uk/careers
Overall purpose of the job:
To develop Blackstar proprietary software (both for public release and internal development tools) from design brief to release and beyond. Responsibility for the quality and features of Blackstar end-user-facing software products.
Main Activities / Tasks:
- Specifying, designing and developing new, user-focused software as per business needs
- Support and maintenance of existing Blackstar software, including the specification and development of new features
- Working within the Digital Team to understand requirements for – and resolve issues with – Blackstar software
- Assisting in software project planning
- Identifying areas for improvement within Blackstar software development processes, and delivering solutions for them
- Other duties within skill set but not necessarily role scope as and when (creative design input, attending meetings etc)
Education / Qualifications:
- Qualified to degree level or above in a relevant subject
Training / Technical Skills:
- Microsoft Silverlight programming experience
- Native macOS development experience
- Mobile application development experience
- User interface design
- Experience using automated build systems e.g. Jenkins
- Web services or other distributed programming methodologies
- Cross-platform development methods e.g. Mono or similar
- C programming knowledge
- Scripting knowledge
- C# .Net programming experience
- Experience using and developing for Unix-based systems, e.g. macOS
- Knowledge of operating system internals (event loops, drivers, kernel/user architecture, threading models, etc)
- Full software lifecycle experience, including requirements capture, solution identification, and system design.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new programming languages and tools, as required
- Strong software design principles
- Experience in using version/source control software
- USB application communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good numerical skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Experience/awareness of software testing principles
- XML experience
Experience / Knowledge:
- Experience working in an Agile environment, using Sprints to plan work packages and report results
- A musical background, guitar playing or otherwise, would be considered a strong advantage, though is by no means essential
- 3+ years commercial software development experience
- Independent and self-reliant, being able to work without close supervision
- Working within a KPI (Key Performance Indicator) structure
- Passion for the music industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build professional relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to manage working time effectively and prioritise assignments appropriately
- Enthusiastic, methodical, committed and dependable
Specific Requirements of the Role:
- Full time, 8:00 – 17:00, Monday – Friday in Northampton, UK
- Willing to work extra hours as and when required
Apply here: blackstaramps.com/uk/careers
Marketing Coordinator – Orchestral Instruments
Barnes & Mullins
Multi Award-Winning musical instrument distributor Barnes & Mullins continues the expansion of its Marketing Department with an exciting opportunity for an orchestral instrument specialist. The successful applicant would have the opportunity to grow this position and be a part of many new creative challenges, reporting directly to the Marketing Director.
This position is full time (37.5 hours per week) and will be based at our Oswestry, Shropshire headquarters.
The successful applicant would:
- Be an orchestral musician (String, Wind or Brass)
- Have a professional, friendly manner
- Be familiar with Social Media platforms
- Be articulate with a flair for design
The successful applicant’s tasks would include:
- Taking responsibility for the national promotion of some of the world’s most respected Orchestral String and Woodwind brands
- Creating and curating online content
- Arranging and attending events – some at weekends
- Writing and issuing press releases
- Working with musical artists
Please send a covering letter explaining why you would be ideal for this position, your CV and your current salary to Alex Mew, Marketing Director – email@example.com
All email enquiries should use the subject line: Orchestral Instrument Marketing Coordinator
APPLICATIONS TO BE SUBMITTED BY 30th JUNE 2019
Various positions – GAK, Brighton
The legendary Guitar Amp and Keyboard Centre in the heart of Brighton’s historic North Laine district are advertising for the following roles:
- Full-time Sales Assistant to work in the Guitar Department
- Full-time Sales Assistant to work in the Pro Audio Department
- Full-time Department Supervisor to work in the Drum Cavern
For full job specs, to apply and for all other details, please visit: www.gak.co.uk/en/jobsatgak
HHB Communications Ltd
An exciting opportunity to join the UK’s leading supplier of professional audio technology to the world’s leading Broadcast, Recording, System Integrators, Post-Production companies and Education organisations.
Based in North West London, HHB Communications Ltd are looking for a Service Engineer to join a small team specialised engineers responsible for fixing pro-audio products that are sent into the Service Department for repair.
Our ideal candidate will be highly organised with excellent timekeeping, as well as being proactive, self-motivated and a good team player.
Role and Responsibility
- Accept service requests as prioritised by the Service Manager; provide an initial inspection and condition assessment; and provide quotes for repairs to non-warranty service items.
- Provide analysis, repairs and testing of service items such as monitor speakers, analogue synthesisers, mixing desks, audio interfaces, MIDI keyboards, effects units, microphones and other equipment.
- Order appropriate spare parts for repairs
- Provide technical reference point for engineering questions and queries by customers
- Liase with specific suppliers in conjunction with Service Manager and Brand Managers and provide technical support to customers
- Flagging of common or epidemic faults in new or upgraded or modified products to enable suppliers/manufacturers to address these at source
Our Ideal Candidate
- Excellent knowledge and experience of electronics in general and pro-audio servicing. to degree level in electronics would be highly beneficial.
- Proven skills in technical analysis and resolution of pro-audio equipment faults. Exceptional problem solving, fault-finding and testing skills, experience with electronic test equipment: multi-meters, bench power supplies, oscilloscopes etc.
- Proven practical experience of component level repairs to electrical equipment, the ability to follow schematics, good soldering skills (including SMT boards)
- Sound knowledge of electronic pro audio equipment, powered/active speaker, synthesisers, audio workflows, MIDI, sequencing, recording, DAW’s and live sound.
- Understanding of synthesis, signal flow and architecture
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to deal effectively with customers, suppliers, colleagues and other HHB departments
- Good skills in IT and the ability to drive the software systems used within the Service Department.
- Good knowledge and awareness of the products coming in for service and of the spare parts that we use and sell via the service department.
- Adaptable and a quick learner.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, remain professional and supportive to customers.
- Self-motivation and initiative to acquire new skills.
- Capable of following direction and working well within a team, but also independently.
- Well organised and methodical
In return you will receive a competitive salary and an attractive package of benefits including private healthcare, life assurance and company pension after a qualifying period.
HHB Communications Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Please forward your current CV along with a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be a good fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is the 26th July 2019.
Focusrite has a number of openings in High Wycombe
To see these please go to focusrite.workable.com
Experienced Woodwind & Brass Technician
“Dawkes Music & Windcraft Ltd are a globally recognised UK based Music Industry company that have expert staff who specialise in products, performance, teaching and repairing in the brass and woodwind sector. We stock a unique range of spare parts, instruments, accessories and repair materials for the brass and woodwind retail and wholesale market.
Our purpose is to create and inspire musicians no matter their age or ability, whilst supporting them on their musical journey”
Dawkes Music is looking for an experienced Woodwind and Brass technician to take on a full-time position in one of the largest and most reputable specialist Woodwind and Brass repair workshops in the UK. Our team currently has 6 technicians and we are looking to increase this to meet demand.
Candidates will require a recognised qualification from a reputable training institution (i.e. Newark College, Merton College) plus at least 3-5 years of professional experience. References would be accepted although we will invite candidates to carry out repairs in our workshop as part of the interview process.
A fast-paced, exciting and dynamic work environment where anything could come through the door – Our technicians must be prepared to think on their feet with teamwork and intelligent problem solving at the heart of our busy workshop. Daily tasks will involve routine high-quality servicing of Woodwind and Brass instruments, as well as minor emergency repairs throughout the day. You must be able to successfully diagnose faults on an instrument and make honest estimates of potential time and costs based on your findings. Our technicians must be enthusiastic, compassionate, transparent and engaged with the needs of the customer to provide the best possible solution to any faults found. A new addition to our team must be able to complete high quality work within a schedule and work pro-actively with others to achieve our collective responsibilities. Both in and out of house-training opportunities are possible to allow us to meet our customer requirements.
Create a foundation of trust and an unforgettable experience through customer interaction
Inspire musicians with our depth of knowledge and demonstration of practical skills
Support customers by maintaining our schedule and keeping to our promises
- Excellent understanding of woodwork and metalwork
- A good ear for pitch and tone quality
- Play-testing skills sufficient across the full range of wind instruments
- Problem solving skills
- Accuracy, precision and a sharp eye for detail
- Considerable patience
- Focus and concentration
- Great customer service, communication and people skills
- Basic knowledge of computer skills
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Enthusiastic customer interaction in-store, via phone and e-mail
- High quality servicing of woodwind instruments
- High quality servicing of brass wind instruments
- Undertaking daily minor walk-in repairs
- Quality checking of new instruments sold by Dawkes Music
- Maintaining a high standard of finishing
- Involvement in in-house development projects
- Maintaining companywide standards and values
- Reporting to departmental manager and completing weekly tasks
35 hours per week (with one regular day off during the week TBC) Mon – Fri 9:30-5:30, Sat 9:30-4:30
20 days paid annual holiday
Companywide profit-share scheme
Salary Details on application
Experience for this role is necessary – Please do not apply unless you have experience in this field
Apply with CV and covering letter to email@example.com or via post to Abi Taylor, Dawkes Music Ltd, Reform Road, Maidenhead, SL6 8BT
Opportunities at Millers Music, Cambridge
Millers Music in Cambridge are advertising for a number of roles including a Sales Manager in our guitar team and a Sales Assistant in our Orchestral team.
European Artist Marketing Coordinator
D’Addario is the world’s leading manufacturer of accessories for musicians. Based in New York, USA, the company has offices around the world. D’Addario’s Newcastle office, covering Europe, is seeking to recruit a European Artist Marketing Coordinator.
In this role, you will help reach our goal of positioning D’Addario as a maverick brand that offers the most cutting-edge and innovative products to musicians all over the world. The role will collaborate with the NY team to create and implement the go-to-market strategy for artist marketing in Europe. Elevating D’Addario through artist engagement across product, marketing, and sales. You’ll be responsible for continuing D’Addario’s legacy of world-class service, while identifying new growth opportunities for both the artists endorsed by these brands and the brands themselves.
- Implement an annual artist marketing plan to guide the internal organization in the prioritization, development and execution of ongoing artist-based initiatives.
- Develop artist-driven marketing strategies and initiatives for Europe with Global Director of Artist Relations to elevate & extend brand awareness across content, social media, events, partnerships and experiential marketing. Carefully monitor artist’s social channels thru D’Addario’s social listening tool. Execute timely response to amount of artist activity—both pro and con.
- Work closely with social teams to create relevant artist and influencer social postings on behalf of our priority products and campaigns.
- Provide support & service to all artists, including expedient, accurate and professional order support, product information and customer service. This includes both European artists and D’Addario endorsed artists visiting from other countries.
- Support product innovation, aligning artists with D’Addario product launches, marketing campaigns and initiatives, while also creating opportunities for D’Addario to support artists in their efforts to drive awareness, create demand for their music and build our community.
- Establish and drive global brand guidelines for product seeding and product placement across multiple musician focused platforms and venues (festivals, events, venues, digital channels, platforms, etc).
- Identify emerging artists, influencers and educators across all relevant genres and styles of music to expand our brands’ existing connections and create longer lasting industry relationships.
- Partner with internal marketing, product and sales teams to ensure effective artist integration, communication and involvement. Work closely with all the functional marketing leads at D’Addario to support the on-going planning and execution of all momentum-based marketing activities and requests, across PR, Social Media, Retail, Content, Events and Digital.
- Timely (monthly) reporting and adherence to budgets
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- 5 years’ demonstrated experience working with artists, either directly or indirectly, to successfully develop and execute marketing strategies, increase awareness, build community and create demand.
- Demonstrated experience implementing strategic plans, focusing on priorities, KPI’s, ROI and execution.
Qualities & Competencies
- Strong working knowledge of building artists and brands across digital, social media, pr, content, advertising and retail.
- Strong, definable network of connections and reputation within the artist community and across the music industry including agents, managers, producers, music industry executives, event and festival organizers and promoters, and marketing/sales leads.
- Comfortable negotiating usage rights and clearances with artist management, agents and labels, as needed.
- A general understanding of either/both fretted and/or percussion instruments.
- Strong understanding of the D’Addario brands and proven ability to drive brand aligned/ artist-first marketing promotions, concepts, activations & media partnerships to generate earned media awareness, buzz and sentiment.
- Organised, structured and methodical with exceptional attention to detail
- Hands-on, customer focussed Hard-working & highly committed
- A team player. Able to work calmly under pressure
- Aligned to D’Addario culture.
Salary dependent on experience.
To apply email your cv, including a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org making sure to include the word Artist in the subject line.
Blackstar is a fast growing, dynamic audio engineering company, whose award-winning products are known for innovation and great tone. Founded in 2004 and based in the UK, we have built a team of highly talented individuals working together in pursuit of excellence.
Blackstar are now looking for a world-class individual to join their cross-functional R&D team to help to design innovative new products.
If you have a relevant engineering degree, a minimum of three years’ commercial design experience and enjoy working from conception of a product through to PCB, let Blackstar save you from an average career.
View the job description and apply here: https://www.blackstaramps.com/uk/careers