Based in Northampton. Blackstar Amplification are looking for a UK Sales Assistant Manager
Blackstar is an internationally recognised guitar amplifier brand sold in over 65 countries worldwide. Blackstar products are the best in the world for design, technology and performance – we are setting the standard for the industry.
The successful candidate will be joining our award-winning business, helping to capitalise the sales of Blackstar’s expanding product portfolio.
If you share our passion, approach your work with pride, are driven by innovation, want to be the best and help to grow our global brand to its highest potential, we would love to hear from you.
We want to appoint a guitar playing, music loving Assistant Manager to work alongside the UK Sales Manager driving sales strategy and activity with the best musical instrument retailers across the UK.
This is a fast-paced role where continuous communication with diverse customer and your colleagues internally is essential.
You will directly contribute towards transformational growth of the Blackstar business as we increase our product offering and expand our sales channels.
It is an incredibly varied role split between office/home working and face to face customer visits. It will suit someone who is driven by achieving targets and passionate about helping the Company grow both its revenue and reputation as a leading brand in the industry.
Communication is key in this role and you must be confident in challenging others, driving change and delivering results.
The duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work pro-actively in a KPI driven environment to generate sales and achieve targets.
- Manage an agreed list of UK dealer accounts ensuring Blackstar’s sales policies are upheld.
- Work to monthly sales plans at all times including targeted sales calls and visits, keeping us in close contact with our customer base.
- Keep the company CRM fully updated with contact data and reports.
- Supporting the Blackstar portfolio of products and brands across the UK dealer channel.
- Train staff at Blackstar dealerships on the USPs of new and existing Blackstar products.
- Manage, promote and support the use of the Blackstar ELITE training and Overdrive incentive portals throughout the UK dealer network.
- Instigate activities (physical/digital) with dealers to ensure Blackstar has excellent visibility in the market place, and enhance the consumer experience, in conjunction with the marketing team.
- Provide the company with ongoing product, market trend and competitor feedback informed from your sales activity.
- Build, review and deliver reports that provide insights to track the performance of Blackstar brand, and inform new strategies and activity.
The ideally sought candidate will possess the following:
- Be passionate about music and want to work in the industry.
- Play guitar and have a good understanding of guitar amps, guitar-based products and associated technology.
- Experience working in a proactive, target driven, sales environment.
- A self-starting and entrepreneurial spirit with a strong work ethic.
- A strong desire to develop their commercial skills to the highest level.
- Be willing and able to practically demonstrate our products to dealers in a retail environment.
- Have a full UK driving license and be willing to travel regularly, and stay away, within the UK.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong numeracy skills including calculating profit margins.
- Professional, organised, methodical and able to work under pressure.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The below qualifications/skills/experience would be beneficial, however not essential:
- Degree / HND level qualification or above.
- Worked within the Musical Instrument market.
- Pro-audio sales experience.
- Knowledge of home recording and pro-audio equipment.
- An understanding of digital marketing.
Blackstar is a unique environment; on one hand it is very professional and yet still remain informal and full of humour. We promote equality, diversity and inclusion. We are all passionate about music and the dress code is relaxed.
Our team are experts in their field and we are driven to be the most professional company in the industry as a whole. We are looking for candidates who identify with this ethos, wish to grow with the Company and share in our current and future success.
Office hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday, with a requirement to travel, stay away and a willingness to work extra hours as and when required to achieve results.
Please apply with an up-to-date CV for an immediate response. We are looking to hold interviews ASAP, for which an initial video / telephone call would be the first step.
To apply: Please send a Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com