Job Role: Yamaha | Band and Orchestral Product Marketing Specialist
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Yamaha Music UK within the Musical Instrument Division. We are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic Brass & Woodwind Marketing Specialist with a passion for music and marketing.
As product Marketing Specialist, you will help to develop and drive the UK brass, woodwind, strings and percussion (B&O) business, through the creation and implementation of the marketing strategy which supports key product lines, sales objectives and brand messaging. You’ll also be responsible for developing our Artist relations, overseeing partnership PR, marketing and content creation.
You will also support and inspire our staff, dealers and customers to better understand the USPs of Yamaha Instruments.
The role is challenging and rewarding and we are looking for someone who is highly motivated, flexible and can demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills. We need someone who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, find new ways of approach and has the ability to consider our products and brand from a customer perspective.
- Develop and implement the local marketing strategy to generate sales across all relevant market sectors, in line with pan-European strategy and with clear integrated calls to action and a measured return on investment.
- Responsible for planning, monitoring and reporting the marketing promotional budget for the UK.
- Work closely with key stakeholders – Sales team and B&O technical staff based in the UK.
- Implement innovative marketing strategies (e.g. for Product launch events, advertising, promotions and consumer-orientated campaigns).
- Increase customer awareness of our brand and increase Yamaha’s value proposition through delivery of added service opportunities.
- Create attractive point of sale display and online marketing content both from Yamaha and specific dealers as required.
- Monitor the UK B&O market and identify changes, trends and opportunities and adapt Yamaha strategies accordingly.
- Support our European HQ, Research and Development team and other European branches through the sharing of best practice and proactive communication.
- Oversee local PR.
- Provide and deliver product presentations for seminars, educational workshops, and events
- Support internal and external staff with in-depth product knowledge through regular training sessions and circulation of product information.
- Monitor demo stock and loans, ensuring stock levels are managed within guidelines.
- Required to attend instrument selections, concerts and festivals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable delivering presentations, reporting and recommendations to all management levels.
- Proactive attitude with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain good working relationshipswith internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding and knowledge of the B&O music scene.
- Passionate Solution Provider.
- Fluent English.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Knowledge of musical instrument retail and industry.
- Ability to play a B&O instrument.
- Sound understanding of direct-to-consumer sales and market segments.
- Product-orientated background with an understanding of Yamaha’s advantages and competitor brands.
- Educated to a degree level or 2 year’s industry experience in product marketing including planning and executing customer-focused campaigns.