As seen on major stages across the world with some of the biggest and most famous bands of our time, the status of the Ashdown Bass Amp rig has firmly secured its place in “Rock ‘n’ Roll” history. Setting the stage since ’97, Ashdown have provided bassists with the best possible tone, on stage and in the studio.
Recognising its considerable appeal, Ashdown placed the vintage, illuminated VU meter at the heart of the Meters Headphones’ distinctive design, naming the brand accordingly and positioning it as combining audiophile performance with a unique visual appeal.
We are looking for a UK Sales Manager to cover the UK from the road, the need to support our retailers today is more pressing than ever. The ideal candidate needs to play bass and have a strong interest consumer electronics. The role will encompass our two core brands Ashdown Engineering and Meters Music both very different markets that require different levels of support. From visiting HMV stores across the country to ensuring Modern Music in Turo are informed and up to date on our offering of bass and guitar amplification.
With the growth of the Ashdown brands in recent years we need an enigmatic character to add to our already dynamic team of individuals.
Responsibilities and Duties
A sales manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure that the long-term sales strategy of the business is growing and efficiency oriented. By implementing successful strategies, a sales manager can see profits increase on their watch, driving revenues to unseen levels. Without strong strategies, sales departments are directionless and struggle to make the impact that they have the capacity for, instead of underperforming and leaving the business far below its potential.
You will report to the Sales and Managing Directors and expected to plan your time accordingly.
- Report and establish relationships with our Marketing department to ensure Sales & Marketing go hand in hand with the need to ensure all promotions are supporting the trade.
- Establishing new accounts, building on existing and creating new relationships with key accounts and planning targets.
- Coordinating targets and order planning with production.
- Product feedback for R&D purposes with being on the road you will see your fair share of new gear and products, to be aware of trends.
- Monthly planning and reports to be provided along with weekly management meetings..
You will be based on the road in the UK and able to work remotely when possible, you will be required to be in the office at least once a week for a full day with the team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a credible understanding of the Mi marketplace and an interest/experience in the Consumer Electronics marketplace as well as experience in running multi-sector sales channels via both resellers and distribution.
- Ability to demonstrate Bass & Guitar instruments.
- A Full clean UK Driving license
- Will have a demonstratable and proven track record in sales and key account management, working to and achieving sales targets.
- We are looking for a strategic thinking, dynamic and effective sales professional with an in-depth understanding of commerce and finance to understand business performance and to reach long term goals.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary based upon their skills and experience and an attractive package including a car/car allowance.
Ashdown Engineering Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Please send a CV as well as a cover letter explaining why you think you would fit within our team to email@example.com