If you’re a team player and have the ability to work in a fast-paced retail environment then PMT Oxford would love you to be part of their friendly, in-store team!
At PMT, we expect you to bring what you love to what you do each day at work. Your passion for music will help us to continually improve and enhance the retail experience for our customers. As our Stock Clerk you will communicate daily transportation activities to the team to ensure service and delivery goals are achieved on time.
To be a successful Stock Clerk at PMT you will:
- Deliver items to customers by verifying orders.
- Manage inventories and stock levels.
- Arrange transportation.
- Organise item order by editing for price, promotions, and weight compliance.
- Arrange shipments by checking stock to determine inventory levels, anticipating delivery requirements, and placing/expediting orders.
- Ship items by examining items, destination, route, rate, and delivery time; ordering carriers.
- Verify items being shipped by matching bills of lading, reconciling quantities, and noting discrepancies.
- Keep customers informed by forwarding notice of item availability, shipment dates, methods, status and answering any questions.
- Protect the organisation’s reputation by keeping pricing, promotion, purchase order, and credit-limit information confidential.
- Have a strong customer service focus and excellent communication skills
- Have great attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Be within travelling distance to PMT Oxford
- A willingness to learn and innovate
- Industry knowledge preferred
Established in 1991, we sell the world’s biggest musical instrument and equipment brands with 16 award-winning music stores across the UK. It’s an exciting time to join the team and we need talented people onboard. If you are ambitious and would like a career where you can expect to be rewarded for hard work, please get in touch!
- This is a full time permanent position based in our retail store in Oxford
- Working pattern – 5 days per week Monday-Friday
- The store opening hours are Monday to Saturday 09:30 to 18:00, Sunday 11:00 to 17:00
- Internal staff may apply and be considered for this role
Play Music Today are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Employee discount
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- retail: 1 year (preferred)
- Stock taking: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: One location