Account Manager – office based.
Strings and Things Ltd is one of the leading distributors of musical instruments and accessories to retailers in the UK and Ireland. With over 40 years’ experience in the industry our brands include Ernie Ball, Hercules Stands, Elixir, Mooer Electronics, Kyser Capos and LR Baggs.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, proactive, and driven Account Manager to join our busy sales team based at our headquarters in Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex.
For consideration, please send a covering letter, your CV, and an indication of expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position has a closing date of Wednesday 23 August.
- Work as part of an area team (with field-based Account Manager) and as part of the wider sales team.
- Take incoming and make outgoing sales calls and emails: working to daily, weekly, and monthly call plans and targets.
- Generate sales among an established customer base, including upselling and cross-selling.
- Operate as point of contact for assigned customers, including some Key Account support tasks.
- Develop and maintain long-term customer relationships.
- Manage projects within customer relationships: help achieve customer goals whilst meeting those of the company.
- Identify opportunities to grow business with existing customers.
- Resolve customer complaints and issues.
- Be the first point of contact for new, prospective customers.
- Account Management and/or customer service experience.
- Knowledge of musical instruments and accessories preferred but not essential, as is experience in selling our brands.
- Be a team player: must be supportive and cooperative with all Strings and Things teams.
- May occasionally be required to attend trade shows. This may require one or more overnight stays.
- Customer focused solutions expertise.
- First-class written and verbal communication skills.
- IT literate.
- Ability to manage multiple workload tasks and customer relationships at the same time, whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent listening, presentation, and administration skills.
- Time management, including the ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent people skills, needed for working with a diverse range of customers and colleagues.
- Commercial awareness with good analytical and negotiation skills.
What we offer:
- Permanent, full-time position.
- Competitive salary – depending on experience.
- Generous staff discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free car parking.
- Free basic healthcare plan and subsidised private medical insurance.