If you’re a team player and have the ability to work in a fast-paced retail environment then PMT Cambridge would love you to be part of their friendly team!
To be a great addition to our team, you must have both retail and sales experience, a love for music and the ability to demonstrate our products. The successful candidate should have a strong passion for music.
As our Store Manager, you’ll be running a store and inspiring your team to be proud of everything you achieve together, as the vital link between our customers and our products. Leading by example, you’ll showcase your ambitious spirit and expertise as you take a hands-on approach with sales, merchandising and the daily operations of a busy PMT store.
One day could find you sorting out deliveries, placing orders and scheduling hours to meet sales targets. The next, you might be focused on people management and performance, handling customer queries or carrying out internal compliance checks. And all the while you’ll handle the overriding goals of maximising sales in your store, ensuring a great customer experience, minimising costs and optimising productivity.
To be a successful Store Manager at PMT you will:
- Have full responsibility of the general management of the store, including key holder responsibilities
- Ensure full compliance with our policies and working practices to keep our people and customers safe
- Consistently achieve your store sales targets and profit margins through the setting and monitoring of your individual team members sales targets
- Get involved and strive to deliver the perfect customer experience to exceed their expectations
- Be hands on with any form of branch service issues, queries or complaints
- Complete customer service observations and floor walks to ensure we maintain high store standards
- Lead by example and deliver on your daily routines and rituals
- Ensure that all promotional activities are actioned, and the store is always ready to trade
- Have the right resource in the right place at the right time, through rota and holiday management
- Drive team performance with a high energy environment and clear, constant communication
- Provide guidance, support and training for your people wherever needed to help deliver results and develop our talent
- Oversee stock control and inventory management
- Be on top of your admin: end-of-day financial reports, tilling, banking
- Set the bar when it comes to visual merchandising, stock hygiene and daily care of your store
- This is a full-time, permanent position based in our retail store in Cambridge
- Working pattern – 5 days per week based on a shift rotation, weekend availability is required
- The store opening hours are Monday to Saturday 09:30 to 18:00, Sunday 11:00 to 17:00
- Internal staff may apply and be considered for this role
Professional Music Technology are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, CB1 1BG: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 01/02/2023