The Scottish Music Industry Association (SMIA) is looking to recruit a Marketing and Communications Executive to join our small dedicated team.
The Marketing and Communications Executive will report to both the CEO (for daily operations) and the Creative Director (for projects); supporting the SMIA team across all aspects of company communications, including with members, prospective members, partners and key external stakeholders. Experience in copywriting, marketing, online content and community/website/social media management is required in order to meet the objectives of this role. The Marketing and Communications Executive will think strategically, act tactically and have exemplary attention to detail.
- Support the development and implementation of the SMIA’s communications strategy, under the guidance of the CEO and Creative Director.
- Undertake day-to-day management of the SMIA’s website, social media and digital communication channels; copywriting, drafting/categorising/scheduling posts, delivering community management, running updates (WordPress, plug-ins etc.), troubleshooting all website/communication channel issues and improving user engagement experiences regularly.
- Act as a key point of contact for members across all digital communication channels; being on hand to offer support and advice to maximise the SMIA’s impact and benefit.
- Help drive SMIA membership and positive brand perception through delivering strategic and creative communications; highlighting the key benefits of being part of our membership community.
- Write and issue event invitations, press releases (where appropriate) and other forms of communications to key SMIA stakeholders; regularly managing the SMIA’s contact database.
- Support the delivery of projects – such as the Scottish Album of the Year (SAY) Award – with regard to marketing and communications related tasks.
- Support the delivery of digital marketing campaigns as and when required across platforms including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Google.
- Develop and manage content/resources (written, audio and visual) for the SMIA; to be agreed upon with the SMIA’s CEO and/or Creative Director.
- Monitor shared/general SMIA email inboxes; responding to enquiries and forwarding any relevant information/enquiries.
- Create social media/website graphics by utilising SMIA templates.
- Source relevant news stories, events and opportunities to be published on the SMIA website and communication channels.
- Produce monthly SMIA Members’ newsletters and send other ad-hoc mail-outs as and when required
- Produce reports on SMIA communications activity; continually monitoring and evaluating effectiveness and making recommendations to amend the strategy where required.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with key attention to detail.
- Experience of day-to-day website, social media, content and community management.
- Proficient in using software packages such as MailChimp, social media scheduling platforms, CRMs, digital communications platforms, Facebook Ads Manager, etc.
- Experience of managing a wide range of digital content, including videos, infographics and imagery.
- A good working knowledge of how digital channels can be integrated to successfully deliver multi-channel, integrated communications.
- Experience of building diverse relationships and able to adapt style to suit the audience.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects/priorities.
- Sociable, enthusiastic and polite with a positive approach.
- Passionate about music and a solid understanding of the music industry.
- Able to work as part of a team but also a self-starter.
- Experience of managing digital communities/networks.
- Knowledge/experience in graphic design and image editing.
- HTML & CSS coding ability, with an understanding of CMS systems, SEO and SEM.
- Content production experience (podcasts, videos etc.)
- PR experience.
The SMIA is part of Creative Scotland’s Regular Funding Network and currently has confirmed funding until March 2024. The role is permanent on the basis that the company retains funding at the same level. Employees will be notified at least 3 months in advance should there be any changes to the SMIA’s funding position which affects the nature of this role.
How To Apply
If you meet the criteria we require for this role then we want to hear from you. We champion opportunity and celebrate diversity. The SMIA is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
To apply for the role of Marketing and Communications Executive, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 5pm on Wednesday 15 February 2023.
Interviews will be held in person in Glasgow on Monday 27 February 2023. If selected for interview you will be expected to be available on this date.
We look forward to hearing from you.